Wednesday, April 20, 2011

PLEASE REMEMBER!!!!!

As I walked to one of my classes in Kelley Hall at Western State College I saw people in tears, not just tears but Sobbing. I wondered what was going on and as I approached the steps to go to my class I met the eyes of people who were both terrified and heartbroken for what had happened. 2 High School students had gone on a killing rampage at Columbine High School, a school only a few miles from where I had grown up. A school in the same district as the HS i went to. I had friends there and knew people who had siblings that were still attending. My heart sank. Who could do this? Why would they do this?

That was 12 years ago today... Now we know that these 2 individuals were bullied and picked on and they decided to take it out their way. The thing that had always bothered me about what they did was they didn't go after the kids who picked on them, they went after people who would have tried to help them had they known how they were feeling. I remember watching the events of that day unfold as we learned so much about those people that lost so much that day. Rachel Scott, Lauren Townsend, Dave Sanders... all leaders amongst their friends and family, all willing and eager to help out. Why them? I guess when God sends us Angels he has to take them home sooner than we want him to. It still bothers me so much that this happened so close to MY Home.

PLEASE REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED THAT DAY 12 YEARS AGO... WE CAN'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment